- Staff should normally take their leave every year.
- Subject to departmental convenience, leave may be taken in parts, provided no part is less than TWO (2) weeks in duration.
- Application for leave should be made on the appropriate forms and processed through the Head of Department at least one month prior to departure date.
- Leave for one year may not be carried forward to the next unless in exceptional circumstances AND with a letter of approval from the Vice Chancellor or the Registrar on the recommendation of the Head of Department.
Annual leave entitlements for the various staff categories are as follows:
Academic Senior Members are entitled annually to sixty-two days’ leave to be taken during vacations. No such leave can be earned in a year in which a Senior Member takes a sabbatical/study leave/leave of absence. Leave may not be deferred without the approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
Non-academic Senior Members are entitled annually to sixty-two days’ annual leave to be taken any time of the year, subject to the exigencies of a Department. No such leave can be earned in a year in which a Senior Member takes any form of leave of absence. Annual leave may not be deferred without the approval of the Vice-Chancellor/Registrar.
All Senior Staff are entitled annually to forty (40) working days’ annual leave to be take any time of the year, subject to the exigencies of a Department.
Junior Staff are entitled to annual leave as follows:
- Monthly rated employees, Casual Staff - 25 working days
- Clerk Grade II and II and analogous Grades - 32 working days
- Senior Clerk, Clerk Grade 1 and analogous Grades - 34 working days
Staff who wish to apply for annual leave should download leave application form and complete for further processing.
Staff are advised to refer to the respective Conditions of Service for further information on annual leave.