CENTRE FOR HEALTH POLICY AND IMPLEMENTATION RESEARCH (CHPIR)
The Centre for Health Policy and Implementation Research (CHPIR) is a crosscutting and multidisciplinary Centre which focuses on conducting innovative, ethical and high quality research that provides credible and comprehensive evidence for the design and implementation of Health policies. The Centre ensures a very strong partnership between health professionals, researchers, the local community and other partners to improve public health.
The Centre for Health Policy and Implementation Research (CHPIR) is a crosscutting and multidisciplinary Centre which focuses on building capacity in and conducting innovative, ethical and high quality multidisciplinary research that provides credible and comprehensive evidence for the design and implementation of health policies.
To be a national Centre of excellence for research aimed at optimization and translation of innovation to health impact in Ghana and other Low and Middle Income countries.
- To foster partnerships between district and regional health teams and other stakeholders in the conduct of Implementation Research
- To strengthen capacity among , health professionals, researchers, academics and other stakeholders to conduct implementation research .
- To develop modules and short courses on health policy and implementation research in collaboration with partner institutions with the aim of strengthening capacity in the two disciplines
- To serve as a resource Centre for training in research methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- To foster stronger relationships and engagement with the Ministry of Health, the Ghana Health Service and major stakeholders in identifying implementation challenges and working with them to conduct research tailored to meet their needs.
- To set up a Health and Demographic Surveillance System as a platform for various studies conducted at UHAS
- To document and produce policy briefs of research conducted in UHAS that will facilitate the dissemination of research findings and translation of research into policy
- To develop research proposals in implementation research relevant to the Ghana health system and source for funding to implement