DEPARTMENT OF TRADITIONAL MEDICINE
The Department of Traditional Medicine is focused on the generation, unraveling, strengthening, and preservation of traditional medicine practices. The department collaborates with the other departments of the Institute and relevant national and international bodies to innovate, build and maintain ideas and projects that will advance the practice of traditional medicine in Ghana.
1. Advancement of Ghanaian traditional knowledge systems.
2. Improvement of traditional medicine practice in Ghana and Africa.
3. Research into relevant traditional medicine practices.
4. Facilitation of the integration of traditional medicine into the national healthcare system.
5. Facilitation of information exchange in the area of traditional medicine practice.