DRUG PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT
This involves the establishment of a production unit to complement the activities of the other departments, through the development, testing, and commercialization of natural medicines and other products employed in TCAM practices.
1. Designing, formulating, and standardizing different dosage forms containing efficacious herbs.
2. Ensuring that all medicines formulated, produced and/or evaluated by the Institute conform to all regulatory standards.
3. Research and development of new medicinal products.
4. Training herbal medicine practitioners in good manufacturing practices.
5. Quality control and natural product analysis.
6. Offering consultancy services that are in line with the mandate of the Institute.