Vacancy for Pro-Vice Chancellor
The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Pro-Vice Chancellor to take effect from 1st August, 2018.
Position: Pro-Vice Chancellor
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor
Candidates for the position must be a full Professor and:
- Must have extensive working experience in University Governance and Administration;
- Must be able to write proposals that attract funding to promote development of the University;
- Must have specialization in Health and Allied Sciences;
The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall, under the Vice Chancellor perform the following duties:
- Manage the academic function of the University
- Facilitate opportunities for research and faculty development
- Assist the Vice Chancellor in raising funds to support research and other development projects
- Oversee the management of student life on campus
- Serve as Chairperson of various statutory Boards and Committees of the University
- Act for the Vice Chancellor in his absence
- Carry out any other responsibilities that the Vice Chancellor may assign to him/her
The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a term of three years and is eligible for re-appointment for another term only. An applicant must be able to complete a full term before the retiring age of 60 years.
The application dossier should contain the following:
- Completed Application Form (UHAS UAB Form 2) for Senior Level Administrative Positions available at the University’s website: http://www.uhas.edu.gh/en/public/staff-employment-forms ;
- A detailed and up to date Curriculum Vitae;
- Names of three referees;
- A vision statement of up to 4 pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
The application and supporting documents should be sent not later than Friday March 02, 2018