RESEARCH OPERATIONS OFFICE (ROO)
Running a vigorous research enterprise in the University requires an efficient administrative establishment for the management and coordination of facilities and resources for research. The University of Health and Allied Sciences Research Operations Office (UHAS-ROO) supports faculty, staff and students as they develop proposals, conduct research and develop plans for stimulating research growth and research career development.
The Research Operations Office (ROO) provides research administrative support including grants management, ethics, intellectual property and research uptake. We provide support and advice on funding opportunities, funder’s terms and conditions, costing, submissions, contracting, financial reporting and audits. We assist faculty, staff and students in the review, submission, negotiation and acceptance of grants, contracts and cooperative agreements for research and training. The ROO also helps sponsors identify UHAS investigators for participation in their research.
We have experts in proposal development, grants administration and research compliance. ROO is equipped to promote research and facilitate success in research endeavours at UHAS
Our Vision is a Health Research-Intensive University stimulated by effective and efficient systems for the conduct and administration of research.
Our Mission is to stimulate research in the University, provide advice and support to faculty, staff and students in their pursuit of external funding for research and streamline grants applications, awards management and implementation processes in the University.
- To develop UHAS’s research related policies and guidelines
- To promote, facilitate and co-ordinate research activities in the University
- To provide pre- and post- award administrative services for research projects
- To help to ensure the overall effective coordination of the research administration service, system, policies and processes. These include providing advice on funding opportunities, funder’s terms and conditions, costing, submissions, contracting and financial reporting
- To review all grant and contract applications from UHAS for compliance with sponsor and University policies
- To establish an operational system for ethical clearance, as well as their monitoring and evaluation
- To facilitate the registration, protection, patenting and commercialisation of intellectual property