The main purpose of the Works and Physical Development Directorate’s is the strategic planning, development, alteration and operation of the Physical Estate and Buildings of the University. The Directorate also provides support to academic activities of the University and also performs various professional services on behalf of the University. It may also undertake such services, as the case may be, for other clients within the standards, guidelines and in the interest of the University.
We are a technically advanced, service-oriented infrastructure development and maintenance directorate that pursues the goal of collective excellence through personal and collaborative efforts with other University Departments for institutional development.
- Teamwork is emphasized to promote a high quality physical environment for teaching and learning in the University through professional services.
- The networked leadership model where each individual in the directorate contributes technical, management and leadership skills to the team.
- All professional staff have the opportunity to develop and receive recognition as leaders within their fields of expertise.
- Thorough review processes are carried out efficiently and responsively, to ensure positive relations between students and staff.
- Participation in decision-making is widespread and expanding.
- Developmental opportunities including in-house training, cross training and mentoring are part of a total program of individual skills growth for each technical or administrative staff.
- Advanced technology is applied to improve delivery of new infrastructure while reducing costs.